Buffalo State Fiscal Administration:
1. Establish, maintain, update, and enforce a written set of policies and procedures to ensure the reasonableness and appropriateness of food and beverage expenses.
2. Ensure that the event or meeting is of benefit to Buffalo State for a valid college purpose.
3. Ensure that the cost of the food or beverages is reasonable.
4. Ensure that proper personnel are attending for a valid college purpose.
5. Ensure that appropriate adjustments are made in the per diem rates for individuals receiving meal allowances in travel status.
6. Ensure that documentation for each occurrence is properly obtained, and maintained.
1. Ensure funding availability.
2. Understand and follow written policies and procedures regarding the purchase of food or beverages.
3. Gather required documentation needed to process payment.
4. Obtain required approvals.
1. Know and understand the Meals and Beverage Policy and Procedures.
2. Ensure that required documentation is complete and accurate.
3. Ensure that the event or meeting is of benefit to the college (refer to Food and Beverage Allowability Chart).
4. Ensure reasonableness of the cost.
5. Ensure that proper personnel and guests are attending.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.