Food and Beverage Policy: Payment of food and beverage expenses can be processed only if all of the following conditions are met:
1. The meeting or event is of benefit to Buffalo State (see Food and Beverage Allowability Chart).
2. The cost is reasonable and allowable.
3. Only proper Buffalo State personnel and guests are attending as approved by a Buffalo State supervisor and fiscal administrator.
4. Alcoholic beverages are not included in the cost.
5. Documentation of expenses is adequate and justified.
6. Appropriate adjustments in meal per diems are made for those individuals in receiving meal allowances in travel status.
Food and beverage purchases made with state appropriated funding (State Purpose [SP], Dormitory Income Fund Reimbursable [DIFR], Income Fund Reimbursable [IFR], or State University Tuition Reimbursable Account [SUTRA]) must be reasonable and allowable.
"Reasonable" means that the purchase must be made in a rational and cost-effective manner that a prudent person would make under the circumstances at the time the decision was reached. The college's Procurement Services Office should be consulted, if possible, to ensure reasonableness.
"Allowable" means that the function at which the food or beverages are consumed must be of essential benefit to the college and meet all other defining criteria. Please review the Food and Beverage Allowability Chart for further details concerning allowability. Alcohol is never an allowable expense when using state appropriated funds.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.